Sunday 15 May 2016

Story of how semi-literate man built his own helicopter

Story of how semi-literate man built his own helicopter. The advent of science and technology has made life easier to live. Man can now fly in the air like bird and move in the sea like water animals. Our team had a chance to meet Paul Onah. This semi-literate man showed that lack of formal education up to university level is not a barrier to achieving his dream of building a helicopter. He is the first man in Nigeria presently to build a helicopter at home. He constructed a 4-passenger chopper after making different prototypes from wood materials.
"The idea to build my helicopter actually started 5 years ago when God first inspired me to invent an airplane. I initially did not understand this because I never understood it was God who was speaking to me in my dream. I only heard a voice and was a bit confused. However, in 2012, my late father who died several years ago appeared to me in my dream and told me to build a helicopter. After waking up in the morning of that day, I asked myself, how will I build an airplane when I have never come in contact or touched an aeroplane before in my life? As you are seeing me, I have never been to an airport before. Likewise, I had no money then that would enable embark on the project. It was not until I told my lovely wife that I was finally convinced and encouraged that this project will come to see the light of the day."

No comments:

Post a Comment